church of Christ in Traverse City began meeting in April 1958. The
first meetings were held in the home of Dale J. Lemon, who was the
first minister. Shortly after regular meetings began, the congregation
moved to a store building on the corner of 8th and Barlow. The church
used these facilities until the fall of 1959 when they purchased
property at 927 Webster St.
the fall of 1968, the TC church bought 8 ½ acres on South
Airport Rd. from the Olsen family. The property was paid for and
appraised at $10,000.
program was begun in December of 1971 to raise the money to build the
present facilities which were completed in 1973.
who have worked with the church are:
Matthew French (Current Minister - 2017)